discuss: re:Separating Introduction from TOC

Subject: re:Separating Introduction from TOC
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Apr 2003 21:41:49 -0000

Morgon,

I'm no DocBook wizard, but I have been tweaking the generated XSLT
output by mucking about with the parameters documented in the
docbook-xsl-$VERSION/params/ directory and looking at the various
options.

I then make a customized xslt stylesheet....see

  http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/
  http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/GeneralCustoms.html

 : > I *think* you're looking for this DSSSL option (already set in ldp.dsl):
 : >
 : >   (define (chunk-skip-first-element-list)
 : >     ;; forces the Table of Contents on separate page
 : >     '())
 :
 : Is there an equivelent for this in the XSL stylesheets? Also, how
 : would I go about enabling it? I too have been annoyed by that whole
 : Introduction on TOC thing :)

I haven't used this particular setting, but, you can read up on it
in the file docbook-xsl-$VERSION/params/chunk.tocs.and.lots.xml.  I
think this is what you are looking for.

<refentry id="chunk.tocs.and.lots">
<refmeta>
<refentrytitle>chunk.tocs.and.lots</refentrytitle>
<refmiscinfo role="type">boolean</refmiscinfo>
</refmeta>
<refnamediv>
<refname>chunk.tocs.and.lots</refname>
<refpurpose>Should ToC and LoTs be in separate chunks?</refpurpose>
</refnamediv>

<refsynopsisdiv>
<src:fragment id='chunk.tocs.and.lots.frag'>
<xsl:param name="chunk.tocs.and.lots" select="0"/>
</src:fragment>
</refsynopsisdiv>

<refsect1><title>Description</title>

<para>If non-zero, ToC and LoT (List of Examples, List of Figures, etc.)
will be put in a separate chunk. At the moment, this chunk is not in the
normal forward/backward navigation list. Instead, a new link is added to the
navigation footer.</para>

<para>This feature is still somewhat experimental. Feedback welcome.</para>

</refsect1>
</refentry>

I hope that's what you were looking for!

(By the way, I was just talking up your Secure CVS pserver HOWTO.)

Ciao for now,

-Martin