discuss: Re: New submission: Printing with Debian and Windows Mini-HOWTO

Subject: Re: New submission: Printing with Debian and Windows Mini-HOWTO
From: Luc de Louw ####@####.####
Date: 6 Apr 2003 19:06:57 -0000

On Sunday 06 April 2003 19:59,  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have posted a new Mini-HOWTO about configuring Printing in Debian
> GNU/Linux that I hope will be considered for addition to tldp.org.
> It is located at:
> http://excess.org/docs/debian_windows_printing.html
>
> My HOWTO covers using shared Windows printers, sharing printers to
> Windows PCs and local printer configuration.  Unlike the existing
> printing HOWTOs, it focuses on the CUPS print spooler, and gives
> troubleshooting examples that suggest ways to track down problems.
>
> I hope to expand the document to include instructions for other
> distributions and troubleshooting for other types of printers and
> Windows shares, with help from others.  The document is currently in
> LaTeX format, but I would be able to convert it to SGML.
>
> Thanks for your consideration.

Hi Ian,

I had a look at your document, and I think it is very useful :-)

The only thing you maybe want to consider is rename it to
"Printing with CUPS on Linux and Windows" and add the related rpm installation
steps.

This would make the dokument more ditribution independant.

If you like, I can help you with the RPM stuff as soon it is in SGML or XML.

rgds

Luc