discuss: Re: New submission: Printing with Debian and Windows Mini-HOWTO

Subject: New submission: Printing with Debian and Windows Mini-HOWTO
From: ####@####.####
Date: 6 Apr 2003 18:55:31 -0000

Hello,

I have posted a new Mini-HOWTO about configuring Printing in Debian
GNU/Linux that I hope will be considered for addition to tldp.org.
It is located at:
http://excess.org/docs/debian_windows_printing.html

My HOWTO covers using shared Windows printers, sharing printers to
Windows PCs and local printer configuration.  Unlike the existing
printing HOWTOs, it focuses on the CUPS print spooler, and gives
troubleshooting examples that suggest ways to track down problems.

I hope to expand the document to include instructions for other
distributions and troubleshooting for other types of printers and
Windows shares, with help from others.  The document is currently in
LaTeX format, but I would be able to convert it to SGML.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Ian Ward