discuss: Maintainer needed for Serial-Programming-HOWTO

Subject: Re: Maintainer needed for Serial-Programming-HOWTO
From: "Gary Frerking" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2003 02:24:37 -0000

> Alexander Bartolich wrote:
>
> Oops. The last thing I want is to be used in an LDP internal feud.
> You can have it back again, if you like.
> And since I did no content related changes you can remove my
> name from the title page.

No sweat, Alexander.

I don't think it's a feud. Not something I'm interested in fighting over,
anyway.

I know you're just trying to help -- just like I was trying to do when I
made the realization that the HOWTO was dead a year and a half ago. The
author's email wasn't even working at that time. At least my email has
always worked, and I've been doing what I can to answer the questions I get.

I'll take the hit that I've failed to progress beyond "step one" of getting
the original document converted to sgml. Life happens.

If you are sincerely interested in taking it and moving forward with it,
then go ahead. I do have a lot on my plate.

If you were only taking it because you thought no one else was interested,
then we should probably talk some more.

-- Gary