discuss: re:samba over ssh mini-howto

Subject: re:samba over ssh mini-howto
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2003 15:10:28 -0000

On 14 Mar 2003 11:43:19 +0000 mark williamson ####@####.#### wrote:

> Greetings, this is my first ever draft of my first ever contribution to
> the ldp. I hope i have figured out the SGML properly, I'm sure you'll
> let me know if I haven't.
>
> I know this is an early draft and would expect modifications to be
> required before final release candidate. - modifications which I'll be
> happy to make.
>
> jade is being strange with me...
>
> <error from jade>
> ../include/StringOf.h:40: `T* String<T>::begin() [with T = Char]' and
> `T* String<T>::begin() [with T = Char]' cannot be overloaded
> make[2]: *** [CharsetInfo.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/usr/sgml/jade-1.2.1/lib'
> make[1]: *** [lib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/usr/sgml/jade-1.2.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> </error from jade>
>
> ... so I have been unable to check out if my SGML is valid. :(
>
> Any input welcomed.

Mark,

This document is in the old linuxdoc DTD. We still accept it, but
jade is not (or cannot) be used to process it. You need to use
the older LinuxDoc Tools (see author's resources area...noted below)
For templates (SGML/XML), information on our processing, information
on metadata, etc....

  Here are some pointers to help you get started:

  Start with the LDP Author Guide:

    http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

  In our "author's resources" area:

    http://tldp.org/authors/#resources

  there are pointers to various helpful documents/books
  and also pointers to downloadable template files for
  HOWTOs (in DocBook SGML/XML and Linuxdoc SGML).

btw, it processed without errors. I suggest renaming
the file to Samba-with-SSH.sgml (or something of that
nature - Samba-over-SSH.sgml, etc). Mini-howto's do
not have "HOWTO" in the filename.

I have added this to our list of works "in progress"
http://www.tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html

Finally, if you have any questions, let me{/us} know.

best regards,
--
Greg Ferguson    * SGI principal engr / LDP contributor
SGI Tech Pubs    * http://techpubs.sgi.com/ | gferg(at)sgi.com