discuss: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook

Subject: RE: Author Guide - Writing a New HOWTO in DocBook
From: "Patrick K. O'Brien" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2001 01:28:32 -0000

Fair enough. I'll try not to get too worked up. <g>

I see your point about tools assuming SGML over XML. But hopefully that will
change quickly. I'm pretty sure Emacs is happy with the XML versions. You
just have to know to use xml-mode rather than sgml-mode and such. So for
that environment I think one could do everything strictly with XML. At least
that's what I'm attempting. I have no clue when it comes to vim or the
Cygnus tools.

I also saw that the LAG source XML was completely current, but didn't
realize that the move to XML had only taken place in the last two months.
I'll try to submit XML variations of the existing LAG stuff as I come across
them.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech (http://www.orbtech.com)