discuss: a new document for review

Subject: Re: a new document for review
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2003 01:30:08 -0000

Hi Saqib,

I took a look.  Do you think this is complete enough?  I am trying to
determine the scope of the FAQ by the questions, and they seem to be
covering important basic needs, but it seems like it's missing
something.

For example, when you say "Frequently Asked Questions About Linux," does
that mean these steps are going to work on most/all distributions?
Also, the title implies that these are THE most frequently asked Linux
questions.  The implications of saying that could be cause for debate.
Perhaps you could narrow the scope down to something more specific if
that would help make the document more unique.

Your FAQ covers command-line tools.  LDP has a very comprehensive
document online, "An Introduction to Linux - A Hands-on Guide," written
by Machtelt Garrels that specifically highlights the command-line
experience, and if some of these aren't covered in hers, there may also
be other documents that cover these specific items.  Can anyone confirm
whether this is the case here, just to be sure there isn't any
duplication of information.

I'd look forward to reading feedback from others on this - the more
opinions, the better we can utilize the information, whether in a new
document or incorporated into an existing one.

Thanks much!
Tabatha

--
Tabatha Persad