discuss: Planning to publish new document

Subject: Re: Planning to publish new document
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 6 Mar 2003 06:56:58 -0000

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 08:35:47PM -0500, Evgueni Tzvetanov wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I think that everybody in this group has the idea of wiki, only I think
> that it is up the the LDP responsible people to decide and it is not a
> good idea to make a campaign out of this. If you want to make a proposal
> to the board, I guess I think you have to address them directly with a
> proposal and of course to make a nice argument and stand your position.

Since the people making decisions about LDP supposedly read this list,
this is the place to make such proposals.  I think that it's OK to make
a campaign out it if such a campaign is based on logical reasoning.  If
people don't "campaign" for their ideas, such ideas may never get
implemented.  But although I presented anti-wiki arguments, I mainly did
so to balance the email containing pro-wiki arguments.  I see both
strengths and weaknesses in wiki.  I think that authors who want to
have a wiki version of their doc online and then revise their doc based
on wiki input, should be free to do so.  And Lampadas should let them do
this.