discuss: Planning to publish new document

Subject: Re: Planning to publish new document
From: Evgueni Tzvetanov ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2003 15:09:31 -0000

For each version of Oracle the installation is unique. Also the
installation process is a very long one if you have to follow all of
Oracle's instructions. I think that these HOWTOs are written to be much
less complex than Oracle Installation Guide and more like an example,
not a guide to easy installation.

You can't really get a 266 page manual and turn it into a 10 page
simpler guide. That's why I wanted to make sure that this document is
not complex and contains enough information to complete a simple install
and on the other hand to be short enough, so that the reader would not
get bored and frustrated.

BTW I received a message without the attached document. Did the document
reach the group, or I have to send it as text or SGML file directly?

Regards!