discuss: re:Re: Summary of GNU/Linux Tools HOWTO -- could you add this as a work-in-progress

Subject: re:Re: Summary of GNU/Linux Tools HOWTO -- could you add this as a work-in-progress
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2003 14:22:55 -0000

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:25:39 -0500 Morgon Kanter ####@####.#### wrote:

> > Does the LDP have a particular preference on SGML or XML (DocBook)....
> > Chris have you or are you ready to release the scripts?
>
> I think Eric Raymond summed this up best in the DocBook Demystification
> Howto, part 11.2, "Why SGML DocBook is dead"

I understand what Eric is saying, but be aware that are no
(element) differences in *DocBook* SGML v. *DocBook* XML.
The DSSSL argument is certainly true. The LISP-like language
of DSSSL is not something for the faint-of-heart!

The LDP leaves the choice of DTD in the hands of the author. We support:

  Linuxdoc SGML
  DocBook  SGML v4.2, v4.1, or v3.x
  DocBook  XML  v4.2 or v4.1.2

--