discuss: Summary of GNU/Linux Tools HOWTO -- could you add this as a work-in-progress

Subject: Summary of GNU/Linux Tools HOWTO -- could you add this as a work-in-progress
From: "Guru -" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2003 05:49:49 -0000

Summary of GNU/Linux Tools HOWTO.
I'm not entirely sure whether my document should be classified as a guide or
HOWTO, I assume that it should be a HOWTO because its not long enough to be
a guide, (its currently 25 or 26 pages, A4).
Its nearly ready to be submitted for review, do I submit it to
It's still written in LyX, I currently have 2 options for converting it to
DocBook, I'm currently working with the author of DB2LyX to convert it to
DocBook XML, the other option is to use Chris's scripts to convert it to
DocBook SGML. I am aware that people will do a manual conversion for me but
I'd rather take care of it myself and save them the trouble.
Does the LDP have a particular preference on SGML or XML (DocBook)....
Chris have you or are you ready to release the scripts?

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to