discuss: HOWTO write DocBook documentation like Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide

Subject: Re: HOWTO write DocBook documentation like Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 27 Jan 2003 20:38:45 -0000

Lumνr Jasiok wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Lumvr,

> I can't generate PDF with bookmarks, I can't generate PDF/HTML with URL
> links and email adresses. In PDF I see only full URL (http://...), but not
> link whereon I can click using mouse :-((.

I know this feeling very well... That was my situation about one and a
half years ago.

> Can you write me howto write so nice PDF/HTML documentation as Advanced
> Bash-Scripting Guide?

I remember reading the PDF for the BAG and asking myself "How did he do
that? How on earth did he do that?". It took me months to find out. It's
everything there, nobody hides the information, but to find it you have
to dig deeply in mailing lists and all that stuff.

> What application/configuration I must use?

Lumvr, want a simple answer? Use my scripts.

There is only one problem with my scripts for the moment: they are not
available. I am still writing the documentation for them. Check in 2-6
weeks from now on my homepage http://www.karakas-online.de under "My
work" -> "Linux". I don't want to put some scripts without explaining
what they do. It will all be GPLed. But please give me the time.

When it is ready and you will read it, then you will understand what I
mean. There are some *very* tricky things you have to do to get
everything right with jade, pdfjadetex & Co. But once you use a script,
you will forget them all soon ;-)

--
Regards

Chris Karakas