discuss: Command-line reference (summary) and some other documentation

Subject: Re: Command-line reference (summary) and some other documentation
From: "Guru -" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jan 2003 10:46:31 -0000

"Send your LyX documents to me. I use LyX 1.2.0. I have written some (rather
elaborate) scripts ...."
I'm currently using LyX 1.2.1, I'll send you the LyX document, it still
needs work though. Oh, instead of putting it on the web just yet, (it would
be great if you could host it...) please send it to my email address. note
that the guides section of the document won't be included as part of the
document. The mini-guides section, may be included....
My address is ####@####.####

I've still got some copyright issues to clear up (their minor) but I don't
want to offend anybody.

"Does it work the other way around? I have done some documents in
Docbook SGML 3.1 and was thinking of updating the whole environment. Can I
get them to lyx as well?"
Don't older versions of LyX work on Docbook SGML 3.1...
"You could try db2tex from the docbktls package. LyX should then be able
to read the .tex file so generated. But, I fear this will destroy all
the formatting that was there due to LaTeX macros or SGML tags..."
Why not this:
From the DocBook with LyX tutorial, "..import XML file into LyX, you can use
the DB2LyX set of stylesheets, that translate any XML file to a LyX-1.1.6
file compliant format."
http://perso.libertysurf.fr/bgu/#DB2LyX DB2lyx, should work for converting
it to a 1.2.0 file.........
http://sourceforge.net/projects/db2latex/ db2latex....or you can convert to
latex and then import into LyX, you may lose formatting as someone mentioned
earlier....

Since I'm on the subject of copyright, how do I properly reference when I
have used someone else's material within my document.
Also, how strict are copyright rules? In some sections of my document I've
simply edited someone else's words, (as in 1 to 2 sentences). Is it
an infringement of copyright to use this person's ten or twenty words in my
document? Do I need to rewrite it in my own words? (The original author may
not even recognise it when they see it.........).

note: This will be my first LDP document, actually it will be my first
document ever published...:)....
So I need someone to help me with the document...
Proof-reading, structure etc.

Any volunteers? :)