discuss: Wiki questions

Subject: Re: Wiki questions
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 14 Jan 2003 03:53:32 -0000

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> If you work with the existing author(s), you can usually accomplish this.
> There are no "completely open" LDP documents that I can think of at
> this time. We strongly suggest updates flow thru the existing author.
> I've rarely seen an author turn down corrections/updates coming from
> other individuals. And, I disagree with a "completely open" (in
> your definition) environment for documentation anyway. In most cases,
> updates should be properly reviewed by the exisiting content author(s)
> prior to submission, in the same way most open src s/w is handled.
> This is simply my opinion.

I fully agree. This system is used also in the scientific world of
publications and papers: "peer review" ensures quality of the document.
We can't sacrifice this. Whoever wants to share his wisdom, *has* to
contact the author and the author *has* to contact the reviewers. That's
quality assurance.

--
Regards

Chris Karakas