discuss: Wiki questions

Subject: Re: Wiki questions
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 14 Jan 2003 03:48:44 -0000

That's true. Also, Collin Watson wrote:

> Many people read HOWTOs off the local filesystem rather than through a
> web server, so I think there'd need to be a preprocessed version
> available for such standalone use.

and that's true again. So these two remarks make it clear to me that
putting such a comment functionality can be only done on *one* place:
either the LDP, or the author's/maintainer's website. I tend to the
latter option, since this will take the traffic from the LDP and put the
"burden" on the author's/maintainer's website, where it will probably be
very welcome (Mike Crawford, are you reading? ;-)). Even if we managed
to put it everywhere, how could the maintainer read all the comments
from all the sites? The document will be the same, but the comments will
differ from site to site. No, the "comment version"  *has* to be on one
site.

So I think we agree on that. Remains the question where to find the
necessary HTML/PHP code snippet to attach in order to get this beautiful
"Add comment" section... Pointers welcome.

--
Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de