discuss: Wiki questions

Subject: Re: Wiki questions
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 13 Jan 2003 16:43:43 -0000

Rico Gloeckner wrote:

> i however would like to
> see a HTMLified Version of HOWTOs which are commentable, i.e. some PHP
> Skript, which fetches subparts of the Howto by a Parameter it get
> passed, and below every single Part there is Room for Readers to comment
> the Text, with Questions and Answers. Much like the PHP and Postgresql
> Documentation Pages online.

I like this idea too. I have already written a 5 liner sed script that
is used to post-process some files passed to sed in order to insert just
before the closing <BODY> tag the contents of a HTML file. This way I
added yesterday the SAP consultants webring navigation bar at the end of
an otherwise "LDP-style" document, see
http://www.karakas-online.de/myWork/index.html (just scroll till the end
of the page to see it). Can someone point me to a link containing the
html/php code I would need to append to get the above functionality? Has
someone written the necessary code snippets?

One thing we should have in mind though: The name of the document will
have to change :-( from xxx.html to xxx.php for all the HTML documents
that will contain such code. This again, is something I somehow just
don't feel is acceptable - but then why not? I don't know.

--
Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de