discuss: Anybody do Docbook XML on MS Windows?

Subject: Re: Anybody do Docbook XML on MS Windows?
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jan 2003 04:49:14 -0000

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 13:10, Chris Karakas wrote:
> > I am wondering if anyone else has attempted to write Docbook XML on the
> > MS Windows platform.  (Or is it considered sacrilege to write Linux
> > documentation using Windows?)
>
> No, IMHO not at all. I would rather say we should encourage people to go
> away from the practice of using Word for everything and help them use
> DocBook for technical documentation. But I only know SGML and that only
> under Linux, so I cannot help. If someone has a link or two to "doing
> *SGML* under Win" (apart from the documents of Markus Hoenicka), I would
> be interested, as I gather material on an other document of mine on LyX
> and SGML to be released "soon".

The suggestions I've seen so far seem the best.  I don't do DocBook in
Windows, but I can do it using the Cygwin tools, which essentially
create the environment I need for my usual open source tools.  Of
course, I just go into my Linux box for that, but it's a great solution
for those who don't have Linux and the related tools installed.

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com