discuss: Anybody do Docbook XML on MS Windows?

Subject: Re: Anybody do Docbook XML on MS Windows?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jan 2003 21:20:49 -0000

Check this out http://www.altova.com/products_doc.html It is a very cool
editor that runs on windows.

Other editors are also listed @ http://docbook.sc-icc.org

In Peace,
Saqib Ali

                    Karakas@t-onl
                    ine.de (Chris        To:     David Horton ####@####.####
                    Karakas)             cc:     Linux Documentation Project - discuss ####@####.####
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Anybody do Docbook XML on MS Windows?
                    chris@karakas
                    -online.de
                    No Phone Info
                    Available

                    01/12/2003
                    01:10 PM

David Horton wrote:

> Hi Everyone,

Hi David,

> I am wondering if anyone else has attempted to write Docbook XML on the
> MS Windows platform.  (Or is it considered sacrilege to write Linux
> documentation using Windows?)

No, IMHO not at all. I would rather say we should encourage people to go
away from the practice of using Word for everything and help them use
DocBook for technical documentation. But I only know SGML and that only
under Linux, so I cannot help. If someone has a link or two to "doing
*SGML* under Win" (apart from the documents of Markus Hoenicka), I would
be interested, as I gather material on an other document of mine on LyX
and SGML to be released "soon".

--
Regards

Chris Karakas