discuss: PHPNuke HowTo

Subject: Re: PHPNuke HowTo
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 12 Jan 2003 02:43:27 -0000

Tabatha Persad wrote:

> Hi Chris,

Hi Tabatha,

> You may already have done so (though I didn't notice it in the TOC), but
> if not, have you considered a section that provides a general overview
> of web log applications before you delve into the technical aspects of
> using PHPNuke?

I don't object to some kind of overview as you propose it, as long as it
does not go too far and I get material from the audience ;-) ... 'cause
I simply don't know that much about the alternatives to PHPNuke.

> Here are my thoughts... a HOWTO is usually subject-specific, meant to
> give detailed information on how to perform a task.  If each web log
> application had its own HOWTO, each could focus on the particular
> aspects of installation, configuration and use of the application.  This
> group of HOWTOs could be categorically grouped together on the site.
>
> Alternatively, a Guide may be more appropriate for a higher level topic,
> such as Web Logs, with an overview each of the different flavors, but
> with a broader approach to the subject of web logs overall.

I agree.

> Out of
> curiosity, is this considered official documentation at PHPNuke?

No, there is no such thing as an "official documentation" of PHPNuke.
There are some documents here and there, and Francisco Burzi, the
creator of PHPNuke is very busy writing code ;-) . Just check
http://phpnuke.org, go to "topics" (see the left column), then choose
"manuals" to get some links to such documents.

> Again, unless there are any objections, if your draft is complete, I'd
> like to see you submit it to ####@####.#### for review and addition
> to the collection.  :)

Thanks, we're ironing out the wording now. When this is done, I'll
submit it.

--
Regards

Chris Karakas