discuss: [tbm@cyrius.com: Contacting mirrors with old HOWTOs?]

Subject: Re: [tbm@cyrius.com: Contacting mirrors with old HOWTOs?]
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 12 Jan 2003 02:23:30 -0000

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> I feel that if everyone here just takes 15 minuttes to find obsolete site
> close to home. (Like me checking obsolete NL sites.) we might inform just
> enough site admins to see some movement. Then redo such an exercise say 2
> months later.

Somebody please write a script "staleHT" (for stale HowTos) for this. I
mean, something that would call Google with the aproppriate HowTo name
(or some string that identifies it uniquely) and country code, then
parse the first 100 pages of the results, find the sites with the
outdated HowTos, get their Admin e-Mails from the Whois database and
feed a mail client with the text and the address.

I would love to incorporate "staleHT de" (for Germany) in my crontab to
be executed every 2 months or so ;-)

--
Regards

Chris Karakas