discuss: Generic Software Developers Guide

Subject: Re: Generic Software Developers Guide
From: ####@####.#### (Chris Karakas)
Date: 12 Jan 2003 01:58:32 -0000

"Michael D. Crawford" wrote:

> On the other hand, I realize that having the document on the LDP's website and
> included in Linux distributions would cause more people to read it, who would
> see that I wrote it, and who would therefore (hopefully!) regard me as an
> expert C++ programmer, and then come find me if they need a consultant.  But I
> might not get so many links to my own site.

You could put a line saying "The latest version of this document can be
found at www.goingware.com, together with other goodies you might be
interested in - give me a visit!"

Each time read a HowTO I was interested in and had a similar remark, I
visited the site immediately ;-)

I don't think this is unethical/non-free/negative - what do the others
think?

--
Regards

Chris Karakas