discuss: I've been working on a guide

Subject: Re: I've been working on a guide
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Dec 2002 21:20:01 -0000

On Dec 29,  2:42pm, Morgon Kanter wrote:
> Subject: I've been working on a guide
>
> [ plain text
>   Encoded with "quoted-printable" ] :
>
> I have been working on a full-length book to teach C programming to
> beginners. It will be under the Free Documentation License. If you
> think it  would be a good addition, can you please add it to
> the "In Progress" list?
> Thanks!

Let us know when you have a draft or outline or something that can
be previewed.  I've added far too much to the 'in progress' list
in the past that has been abandoned. I take full responsibility
for that. As a new year's resolution, I'd like to make sure what
is promised is actually well on it's way to being delivered! ;-)

btw, we only accept docs in XML or SGML. See the LDP Author Guide for
details.  Here are some pointers to help you get started:

  Start with the LDP Author Guide:

    http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

  In our "author's resources" area:

    http://tldp.org/authors/#resources

  there are pointers to various helpful documents/books including:

   DocBook: The Definitive Guide, by Norman Walsh and Leonard Muellner
   http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

   DocBook XML/SGML Processing Using OpenJade, by Saqib Ali
   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DocBook-OpenJade-SGML-XML-HOWTO/

   DocBook Install mini-HOWTO, by Robert B Easter
   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/DocBook-Install/

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson    * SGI principal engr / LDP contributor
SGI Tech Pubs    * http://techpubs.sgi.com/ | gferg(at)sgi.com