discuss: The C++ HOWTO

Subject: Re: The C++ HOWTO
From: John Levon ####@####.####
Date: 20 Nov 2002 19:13:25 -0000

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 09:15:40AM -0600, Joy Y Goodreau wrote:

> When a document has fundamental errors and has generated responses from the
> LDP readership about the document's viability, the Review Coordinator can
> then call for a technical review of the document. In the recent past this
> has been a general call for help to the discuss list. We also usually
> contact readers who had difficulty with the document and ask them if they
> would like to act as a reviewer.

So I would have to muster support for the removal of this HOWTO pending
review ? That shouldn't be hard ... if it helps, I can give details of
some of the problems with the HOWTO (I could go on all week ...).

> We are now in a transition period with the reviews. A new review
> coordinator was named this month (Tabatha Persad) and she is still learning
> the job. I expect that with her enthusiasm that you will be pleasantly
> surprised with the improvements to the review process and the publication
> of the review process over the next few months.

Excellent.

> John, since you express an interest in getting in and getting to work on
> some documents in the collection, I'm sure there will be no problem finding
> plenty of places where you can be phenomenally useful!

I'll see what time I can spare ... I haven't even had enough time to finish
my own submission yet :(

regards
john
--
Khendon's Law: If the same point is made twice by the same person,
the thread is over.