discuss: Misc.

Subject: Misc.
From: Miroslav Skoric ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2002 14:46:02 -0000

Hello folks,

I plan to apply for a national ICT award, so I consider any effort is
valuable to mention, including about writing/maintaining Linux HOWTO's
and
other similar activities. In order to accomplish that, I need some more
information from you.

Well, it makes me wonder how many Linux distributions have howto
documents included into their packages? For example, recently I was
informed that Mandrake 9 has updated HOWTO's. Besides that, I wonder
about the approximate number of manufactured package copies per
distribution version.

I am also interested in approximate number of sites that mirror
www.linuxdoc.org (tldp) site. The same goes for hard-copy books that
maybe
include HOWTO's (if any).

Finally, I wonder if there is an "official" Linux body, or an organized
group of users, maintainers or like, who may give me some support to
such
an initiative - related to various awards etc.

Actually, I would like anybody who may found HOWTO's (or any similar
volunteer work) as useful for global ICT community, to express his/her
support via sending email or something like that.

Best regards,

Misko

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FBB.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html