discuss: displaying xml in DocBook

Subject: Re: displaying xml in DocBook
From: ####@####.####
Date: 11 Sep 2002 21:45:48 -0000

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. Actuaclly this is exactly what I was looking for :) I
found some info on this
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/programlisting.html

This will be very helpful :)

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://xml.seagate.com

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15

                    "John R.
                    Daily"               To:     ####@####.####
                    <john@geekhav        cc:
                    oc.com>              Subject:     Re: displaying xml in DocBook
                    No Phone Info
                    Available

                    09/11/2002
                    02:33 PM

> > I am writing a HOWTO and I need to add some XML code in it. So that the
> > reader sees the actuall XML rather than the rendered output.
>
> Replace the '<' and '>' characters with entities &gt; and &lt;.

Actually, there's an easier, more robust way.  Use CDATA
sections, like:

<programlisting><![CDATA[
]]></programlisting>

--