discuss: USB Digital Camera HOWTO

Subject: Re: USB Digital Camera HOWTO
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 4 Sep 2002 16:16:47 -0000

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 06:38, David Merrill wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 20:55, Dave Kelly wrote:
> > Since the HOWTO on USB Digital Cameras was put online several months
> > ago, I have recieved about a dozen e-mails. Some asking for help but
> > most telling me how they made their USB camera work.
> >
> > Is there some mechanisms for handling this type of stuff?
> > I really don't think all of it is appropriate for the type of solution
> > I put forth in the HOOT.
> >
> > Maybe some place I could forward the messages to and let people read
> > them and sort out what they need.
>
> You might list them in an appendix if they don't fit into the document
> cleanly. Just a suggestion.

Another way, depending on what you have received from other people,
would be a QA set.  It could easily be an appendix, or you could simply
add a section for FAQ or "Common Issues" if that works better.  Since
sections number themselves, they're fairly easy to slip in wherever you
feel they are best suited in the overall doc.

The reason you may want to consider adding this to your document is so
that people who have contributed these answers know that all they need
to do is read your HOWTO to find any of the latest info.

Since I remember working on this document, I'd be glad to help out if
needed!

Thanks,

--
Tabatha Persad