discuss: editor that enforces sgml or xml during text entry?

Subject: Re: editor that enforces sgml or xml during text entry?
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 2002 19:31:39 -0000

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 11:34, jdd wrote:
> Le Jeudi 22 Août 2002 20:21, Tabatha Persad a écrit :
>
> >> Btw, does PSGML mode do XML Schema's?  Last I looked I couldn't see
> >> support for it..
> >
> >Absolutely.  Once PSGML is installed, you only need load the file of
> >that type into Emacs/XEmacs and the PSGML menus will automatically load,
> >if installed.  That goes for SGML and XML!  PSGML and Emacs want to see
> >the file extension before they load the menus for you.
>
> it's probably a little off topic, but...
>
> In emacs psgml mode, I can type acdcented letters, they are automatically
> translated by coded (& ones) in the text (good!).
>
> but if I read the file the &ecirc; are NOT backward translated in accented
> form.

Hi JDD,

I wonder if that is an issue with ISO Latin character entities not being
recognized.

The Docbook Guide lists all the ISO Latin 1 character entities, and you
are using the right mark to make the character, but it sounds as though
they're not being seen.

If you are using XML (forgive me if I don't use the right terminology
here), do you add an encoding type to your xml statement at the
beginning, to use ISO encoding?

If it's not that, then I wonder if there's an issue with the right
catalog not being found?  Or perhaps you meant something else?  :)  I
wasn't sure what you meant by "backward translated"...!

Tab

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com