discuss: editor that enforces sgml or xml during text entry?

Subject: Re: editor that enforces sgml or xml during text entry?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 21 Aug 2002 17:03:34 -0000

Hi Lloyd,

I havent used it, but I think DocPro by Command Prompt lets you do that.
Also look at XMetal by SoftQuad

In Peace,
Saqib Ali

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15

                    "Lloyd D
                    Budd"                To:     ####@####.####
                    <ldp@foolswis        cc:
                    dom.org>             Subject:     editor that enforces sgml or xml during text
                    No Phone Info        entry?
                    Available

                    08/18/2002
                    07:08 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if there is an editor that given a DTD, XML Schema, or other
document structure & logical format specification that will enforce the use
of only those "tags" at creation?  It is not WYSIWYG, but an editor that
abstracts, and supports the logical model well.

Ideally, it would have both type-head capabilities, and short-cutted menu /
drop down menu / mouse clicked menu / to list the possible tags @ an
arbitary point in the document.  Of course, the preference is that it is
gratis, open-source software.

In the event that such an editor does not exist, do you know of any
projects where such functionality aligns well with the project members'
pursuits?  Preferrably, released under a revised-BSD compatible / MIT
license.

Best regards,
Lloyd D Budd