discuss: SGML-Question: Maintaining Documents in different languages

Subject: Re: SGML-Question: Maintaining Documents in different languages
From: Alexander Bartolich ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2002 09:14:22 -0000

Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> [...] http://www.logilab.org/xmldiff is your friend.
> Help fix it and provide test cases if it doesn't work for you :o)

Just had a first look ... mh ...
For what kind of problems do you use it?

A typical non-trivial DocBook instance is spread over a few
physical files, where the central document just holds
declaration and reference of system entities. It's rare to modify
this central document, changes happen in the satellite files.

But how do you diff them?

AFAIK xmldiff requires me to setup a second central document
with modified system entities. Well, probably I should keep
a complete directory of the last version around.
But then how do I find the file the change is in?
A real life example:

[update, book[1]/chapter[6]/itemizedlist[1]/listitem[3]/para[1]/text()[1],
If the program is usually started through another program (let's call it]

Short of grepping for the content, what should I do with that?

http://www.gmx.net