discuss: Lampadas update and planning (LONG)

Subject: Re: Lampadas update and planning (LONG)
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2002 23:59:42 -0000

In the Volunteer Menu, I don't see the organization like I proposed.
First, I think the "in-progress" should replace "pending" as it's not
clear to many what "pending" means while in-progress is clearer.

The unmaintained docs need a new maintainer so there shouldn't be a
separate link for them.  Actually they need to be sorted out into the
ones that need a new maintainer and the ones that are obsolete.

There is no "Author Wanted" link.  This is for the case of docs that are
on the wish-list, frozen (license doesn't allow modification), unfinished
(original author gave up), or rejected (but we think it's a worthy topic
--Tea HOWTO wouldn't qualify).  All of these need an author to write (or
rewrite) them.  So it's not just a simple matter of maintaining it since
it needs a lot of work before being published.  Some unmaintained docs
may need a lot of work too, but ones where the author wants out may be
pretty much up-to-date and may not need much work before being republished.

Should "Obsolete" go into the volunteer menu?  Perhaps, since one could
volunteer to "maintain" an obsolete doc.  This would be an easy job since
it would mainly consist in adding some historical notes, etc. and
explaining why it's obsolete.  As time goes by, there may be even more
reasons why it's obsolete.  I suppose that maintained obsolete docs
would not be put here since they don't need a maintainer.