discuss: Linux installation problems

Subject: Linux installation problems
From: Mohammad Saleem ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jun 2002 06:49:17 -0000

Hi all,

I am new to linux world and this is my first mail to this mailing
group(hope someone can answer my questions). I have linux 7.2 and PC P4
with win XP. I wanted dual boot.

Further,  I have only one disk drive i.e. C: with 30 GB and I chose
automatic partition and followed the instruction given in the redHat
book and hoped all should be done automatically. I used GRUB boot manager.

1. Now the problem is that I only get Linux when I boot my PC and there
is no window option.
After reading some mails I encountered "partition magic". What is this
and I never encountered this during my installation process. When to run
this tool and from where to get it?
Further, how I can solve my problem of dual boot when I have installed
linux with only disk driver, is it too late to use magic partition or is
there any other way to come around this problem.d

2. My keyboard doesn't match what I type e.g. if I want to type "/",
instead "&" appears. Where and how to correct keyboard settings?

3. My PC is connected to a server via Breadband using DHCP server for
internet connection and during "Network configuration" process I clicked
the check boxes "Configure using DHCP" and "Activate on boot".
It does not work either. How to solve this?

May be it would be better for me to uninstall linux and restart the
process again. How to uninstall linux completely and to get back my
originall winXP OS under the condition that I have installed linux with
one disk drive i.e. C:

thanks in advance

regards
/saleem