discuss: Cross over between docbook and apache doc formats

Subject: Cross over between docbook and apache doc formats
From: Cameron Shorter ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jun 2002 11:35:56 -0000
Hello,
If this is not the right forum, feel free to suggest I send this comment
elsewhere.

I'm planning to use docbook XML 4.1.2 as the documenation format for
http://geotools.sourceforge.net , a java project.

However, I was surprised to find the lack of use of docbook within java tools
despite their ease of use.

Standard java development process uses "ant" http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/
which is an XML version of the unix "make".  Ant provides a very simple
it is java based, it can be run on multi platforms.
Has anyone else been doing this?  I'd be surprised if I was.
I'd suggest that this should be mentioned in the LDP Author's Guide.

Secondly, the java documentation tools seem to be focused around the jakarta
projects, which use stylebook, or anakia, or similar.  (I still have not
worked it out fully yet).
Have LDP people been involved in the jakarta type documentation formats or
involved in translating between the 2?
I've been discussing the issue with Dion.  You can see the thread at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-maven-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg00260.html

--
Cameron Shorter              http://cameron.shorter.net
Open Source Developer        http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net