discuss: GFDL license

Subject: Re: GFDL license
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 24 May 2002 00:42:23 -0000

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:07:04AM +0000, Phil Kerr wrote:
> Thanks all for the feedback, I'll pass this on.
>
> Although I'm pretty reassured that the GFDL is the right choice it does
> show that there are perceptions of the politics surrounding licenses which
> can put-off potential contributors which is something to be watched.

Which is why the LDP stays above it. We state our needs as a project
and ask that licenses fill those needs. But we have no required
license.

I personally would rather we required modifications be allowed, but I
am only one staff member. And I do not mean for that to start a
flamewar. We can hold different opinions without having to argue them
to death. :-)

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe
that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
	-- from "The Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan