discuss: Re: Beginning of outline for policies

Subject: Re: Fwd: Beginning of outline for policies
From: Guylhem P Aznar ####@####.####
Date: 19 May 2002 14:08:25 -0000

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 10:00:40AM +0200, jdd wrote:
> I think this thread is pretty long, boring and disturbing.

You're right. We have to take decisions now.

Is there is any disagreement on the proposal, we may come to a vote.

> I dislike the "censorship" way it takes.

Remember the mysql howto (or was it the postgresql howto) which did more
harm  than good to the LDP?

> if the reviewer is so good as to be able to edit a HOWTO, why don't he write
> it himself? and if he is not what is he doing?

I understand your concerns, but we we need multiple levels of authoring
to ensure high quality.

> there are too much unsupported areas around. It should be better to
> write doc than search problems with authors.

Yes we need more authors, but first we need more quality to prevent
distributions like redhat from dropping the LDP.

> I think that valuable persons are now loosing much too much time right
> now on this discussion.

Yes - time for action. Can someone make clear proposals and see what's
the consensus?

> of an ocean of silly html pages? how many "howto" are already not given to
> ldp because of such discussions?

We have different categories of documentation to include non linuxdoc
non docbook documents, such as guides.

> I don't know how you work, but for me I use more and more google to find
> solution and simply never read howtos from ldp (of course I find often them
> by google).

Then please submit the documents you find as guides :
 1. contact the author
 2. explain you would like him to submit his document to the LDP as a
guide, under the GPL license or the OPL-a-b
 3. if he accepts, then just submit the document.

--
/¯¯¯¯|  |¯| |¯|  |¯/¯¯¯| Guylhem P. Aznar         {7un.com;7un.org,externe.net}
  ¯| |  | |_| |  | | | | FR,EN,ES,DK http://7un.org/geekcode http://7un.org/gpg
   |_|  |_____|  |_| |_| Smørrebrød er ikke Mad, og Kierlighed er ikke Had...