discuss: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline for policies

Subject: Re: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline for policies
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 17 May 2002 12:41:02 -0000

On May 16, 11:21pm, john meshkoff wrote:
> Subject: Re: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline
> 	The process, as I understood it, was for it to be reviewed after
> submission for any suggested "tune-up", and then IIRC it would be
> returned with the suggestions, I would apply the fixes and re-submit.
> While waiting for review, I put the original in linuxdoc, then fixed
> some stuff I felt could be expressed more clearly, and sent to
> ####@####.#### each time, and Greg Ferguson replied each time
> acknowleging receipt and posted it to "in progress".

Yes, that's a procedure that works. You can submit a draft if it's
already a doc that's 'in progress' (accepted concept/idea). If
*clearly marked* as a draft, I will update my local copy (which
is pointed to from the LDP 'in progress' page).

> It was not completely clear to me from there to getting it
> released (the info on that sounded a little complicated, I
> remember reading something about docbook, and CVS; I've fallen
> a bit by the wayside since then).  But, as far as I'm concerned,
> it's a complete document now (other than if it needs anything
> suggested by a reviewer).  So, what do I need to do now
> to move the process along?

If it's in SGML/XML (DocBook or Linuxdoc), edits have been made,
review has been done, and you feel comfortable with releasing it
then send to ####@####.#### and denote it's ready for release.

I will publish it and check it into our CVS tree for you. If you wish
to check it in yourself, obtain a CVS account. You should still alert
the 'submit' alias when you want a rev published...

submittal info:

 http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/submission.html

cvs info:

 http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/cvs.html

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson    * SGI principal engr / LDP contributor
SGI Tech Pubs    * http://techpubs.sgi.com/ | gferg(at)sgi.com