discuss: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline for policies

Subject: Re: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline for policies
From: john meshkoff ####@####.####
Date: 17 May 2002 06:20:31 -0000

Joy Y Goodreau wrote:

> John and other authors,
>
> As far as I can tell your document is listed in the "in progress" pages,
> which means that it has not officially applied to go onto the site as a new
> release. We review documents in the 5-7 day range for those documents that
> are submitted via ####@####.#### not documents that are in progress and
> will be submitted at some time in the future. The "in progress" is an
> excellent site for finding technical comments and evaluations, so the
> process is worthwhile.

	Looks like there may be some confusion here for me; I sent all drafts
to ####@####.#### (this was just before the new domain name).
They were posted to "in progress"; I thought that was part of the
process, and waited for review.

> We are very understaffed for reviews. We would like to be able to get to
> all draft documents, but newly submitted completed documents must take
> precedence.
>
> This distinction may not have been clear from the beginning. Once your
> document is complete and ready to go up as a new release on the LDP site,
> we will review it.

	The process, as I understood it, was for it to be reviewed after
submission for any suggested "tune-up", and then IIRC it would be
returned with the suggestions, I would apply the fixes and re-submit.
While waiting for review, I put the original in linuxdoc, then fixed
some stuff I felt could be expressed more clearly, and sent to
####@####.#### each time, and Greg Ferguson replied each time
acknowleging receipt and posted it to "in progress". It was not
completely clear to me from there to getting it released (the info on
that sounded a little complicated, I remember reading something about
docbook, and CVS; I've fallen a bit by the wayside since then).  But, as
far as I'm concerned, it's a complete document now (other than if it
needs anything suggested by a reviewer).  So, what do I need to do now
to move the process along?

<SNIP>

Thanks, John

--
John Meshkoff johnm at sivakalpa dot org
http://www.sivakalpa.org/