discuss: Dealing with poor maintenance by maintainers

Subject: Re: Dealing with poor maintenance by maintainers
From: Hugo van der Kooij ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2002 18:59:17 -0000

On Thu, 16 May 2002, jdd wrote:

> Le Jeudi 16 Mai 2002 19:58, David Lloyd a écrit :
> >Hmmmm...
> >
> >> there no need to a bug report system, they are done for big projects
> >> (Gnome, Open Office.org) and are much too difficult to cope with.
> >
> >And maintaining documentation for Linux is NOT a big project...
>
> no, it's not. it's an addition of many small projects and it's an all
> different beast...

The scope of the LDP is and was to make it a project. And like a source
code project the coding of one member of the team may have nothing to do
with another member of the team. (but it might happen anytime ;-)

> >*re-evaluates the scale of things*
>
> reread cathedral & bazar :-)

Been there, done that. But it is not relevant as some authors asked for a
better bug tracking system which would save them loads of email.

So while there is a need for it I would suggest it gets done some time so
each author has the option to use it in a way that will make life more fun
and less hassle.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    ####@####.####		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/