discuss: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline for policies

Subject: Reviewing new documents WAS: Re: Beginning of outline for policies
From: "Joy Y Goodreau" ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2002 14:11:50 -0000

John and other authors,

As far as I can tell your document is listed in the "in progress" pages,
which means that it has not officially applied to go onto the site as a new
release. We review documents in the 5-7 day range for those documents that
are submitted via ####@####.#### not documents that are in progress and
will be submitted at some time in the future. The "in progress" is an
excellent site for finding technical comments and evaluations, so the
process is worthwhile.

We are very understaffed for reviews. We would like to be able to get to
all draft documents, but newly submitted completed documents must take
precedence.

This distinction may not have been clear from the beginning. Once your
document is complete and ready to go up as a new release on the LDP site,
we will review it.

Thank you,

joy

Joy Y. Goodreau
Linux Information Developer
LDP Collections Editor
Ofc. (512) 838-4118
T/L 678-4118
####@####.####

                      john meshkoff
                      <johnm@sivakalpa.        To:       ####@####.####
                      org>                     cc:       ####@####.####
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Beginning of outline for policies
                      ####@####.####
                      ic.net

                      05/15/2002 10:12
                      PM

Tabatha Persad wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
>
> I've started a rough sketch.   Of course, there could be more issues that
we
> need addressed and added, but I wanted to throw something out there and
see
> what comes back!
>
> Here's a start:

<SNIP>

> 2.  Procedure for New Submissions
>         * How long does the review take once I submit my document?

             I'll only address this one.  On the LDP site, it says "in a
few
days...".  My old desk dictionary shows this to be a pretty vague  word
: "Not many; of small number"; how many is a few? :)  I'm still
expectantly (and patiently) waiting for my review (my initial submit was
April 7, with a couple updates over the following week).  In a response
to a previous post on this subject, Joy Goodreau replied:

> As a clarification, we have begun trying to review all new submissions to
> the submit list before publication. Right now this review is mostly for
> readability and organization. As Tabatha mentioned we are anticipating 5
-
> 7 days for a review. This will vary.

             Probably when the current "How long..." answer on LDP site was
written,
 there was a lot smaller list of work to review.  Don't know if a more
clear answer
than "a few days" is practical, but it would be nice for new authors to
know what to expect.

 <snip>

Respectfully,

John

--
John Meshkoff johnm at sivakalpa dot org
http://www.sivakalpa.org/

http://lists.tldp.org/