discuss: Dealing with poor maintenance by maintainers

Subject: Re: Dealing with poor maintenance by maintainers
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2002 09:26:48 -0000

>> The best system of feedback (if the author
>> responds) is the existing one where the reader clicks on the doc and
>> gets to dialog directly with the author.

no, it is not. It's likely that many people see the same bug and report it.
Worst people have obsolete versions and still report bugs already fixed.

this i why I advicate a wiki text "white board/post it" associated with any
HOWTO on the LDP site (no mirrors needed).

On such a page any body can write his concern, but also see the problems
already reported by others. The maintainer can easily quote if the bug is to
be solved or not and why and in what version.

it's easy to make some backup to prevent idiot from disturbing the "free"
nature of wiki.

there no need to a bug report system, they are done for big projects (Gnome,
Open Office.org) and are much too difficult to cope with.

--
<http://www.dodin.net>
Formation Linux débutants open