discuss: Confusion about GNU FDL

Subject: Re: Confusion about GNU FDL
From: Gregory Leblanc ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2002 06:10:24 -0000

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 11:48, David Merrill wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 09:57:45AM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> >
> > I just had this chat with Richard a month or two ago.  You MUST include
> > the entire GFDL in your document.
>
> When distributing it alone. When part of a collection, you only need
> the full text once. Therefore, my own docs I only have a reference to
> it because I do not plan to publish them separate from the LDP.

Well, maybe.  I was specifically talking about distributing one copy of
the GFDL along with a "core GNOME package", which all manuals would
require in order to function properly.  He told me this wasn't
acceptable.  I consider all GNOME docs to be in the same package, even
if they're not in the same tarball.  Richard does not.

In case anybody wants to read the whole discussion (my memory may be
foggy) this was in January, on the gnome-doc-list, with the subject
"Documenting Gnome apps with the GPL".  It might have started in
December, I'm not 100% sure.  mail.gnome.org has the archives, but
search is a bit broken.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please don't copy me on replies to the list.