discuss: Re: Beginning of outline for policies

Subject: Re: Beginning of outline for policies
From: john meshkoff ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2002 03:11:56 -0000

Tabatha Persad wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
>
> I've started a rough sketch.   Of course, there could be more issues that we
> need addressed and added, but I wanted to throw something out there and see
> what comes back!
>
> Here's a start:

<SNIP>

> 2.  Procedure for New Submissions
>         * How long does the review take once I submit my document?

	I'll only address this one.  On the LDP site, it says "in a few
days...".  My old desk dictionary shows this to be a pretty vague  word
: "Not many; of small number"; how many is a few? :)  I'm still
expectantly (and patiently) waiting for my review (my initial submit was
April 7, with a couple updates over the following week).  In a response
to a previous post on this subject, Joy Goodreau replied:

> As a clarification, we have begun trying to review all new submissions to
> the submit list before publication. Right now this review is mostly for
> readability and organization. As Tabatha mentioned we are anticipating 5 -
> 7 days for a review. This will vary.

	Probably when the current "How long..." answer on LDP site was written,
 there was a lot smaller list of work to review.  Don't know if a more
clear answer
than "a few days" is practical, but it would be nice for new authors to
know what to expect.

 <snip>

Respectfully,

John

--
John Meshkoff johnm at sivakalpa dot org
http://www.sivakalpa.org/