discuss: Bugzilla? [Was: Re: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]]

Subject: Bugzilla? [Was: Re: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]]
From: Ari Makela ####@####.####
Date: 13 May 2002 11:40:16 -0000

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 05:46:10PM -0400, Hal Burgiss wrote:

> automated. Like if a doc has not been updated in one year (or whatever
> time frame),

Well, it's quite possible for a HOWTO be old and completely up to date.
Some things just don't change very often. For example, sh-scripting is
quite stable.

This thread made me think that maybe we need a system for handling
bugs. Let's install Bugzilla somewhere and use it:

	+ authors have an easy and organized interface to see and handle bugs.
	+ less duplicate reports because users can see what kind
	of bugs is reported

Many, perhaps most of us, have way too much email. This could decrease
email.

Another project I work with had similar problems and too often bugs were
just forgotten among the old emails and finally I got sick of it and
I installed Bugzilla. We have been happy with it and it has very much
improved our responsiveness to bugs.

I might be able to host Bugzilla if needed. I cannot promise though, but I can
ask from people who can decide this.

--
Ari Makela		####@####.####		 http://arska.org/hauva/

"Sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic." - Phil Berman