discuss: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]

Subject: Re: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 13 May 2002 04:05:17 -0000

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 11:46:14PM +0200, Luc de Louw wrote:
> Another thing is: If some writer sees, she/he has no time for
> maintaining the HOWTO anymore, where to
> inform the ppl? here in this list? -> something for the Authors-HOWTO.

This list, or any LDP staff member like me, Ferg, Joy, or any other.

> The preceding mails I saw are just to much to do. There is (almost)
> nobody that has the time for reviewing documents.
> I had that experiance with a call for language check my docs (my english
> is far away from being perfext),
> and just one guy began to read my docs and made some (not much) feedback.
>
> So forget about technical/language/whatever review nobody has the time,
> the users will make them if it disturbs
> the only way is to have a very good tool to track the stuff.

Luc, we do have reviewers, and they do review docs. They do not have
time to do all, it is true, but let's acknowledge the work that they
*are* able to do.

Shall I call for more reviewers in the LDPWN? That might help a bit.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

We have increased our prices over the last 10 years [while] other component
prices have come down and continue to come down.
	--Microsoft Senior VP Joachim Kempin