discuss: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]

Subject: Re: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 13 May 2002 04:02:59 -0000

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 01:46:27PM -0400, Tabatha Persad wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Joy already knows about that one, so I'm going to leave that in her capable
> hands!  Mind you, being familiar with the procedures that are there help, and
> I'm still kinda new around here... but enjoying the work and catching on fast!

And we are so glad to have you.

> The results come back fairly quickly when editing, since there is always an
> initial effort to contact the author before making revisions.
>
> If it's not already there, I wonder if a blurb about this issue in the
> Author's Guide would help?
>
> Again, it just surprises me that authors abandon their work.  I imagine that
> during the review/editing of existing documentation, we're going to probably
> run into this quite a bit.  Has anyone noticed an increase in unmaintained
> lately?

Yes, but only because I made an effort to identify them. There haven't
been more docs abandoned, just more *marked* that way, afaik.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

And let's face facts. innovation has never been Microsoft's strong suite.
We're much better at ripping off our competitors. For example, we did not
invent either ASP or IE, we bought them!
	--E-mail from an unidentified Microsoft employee,
	  as revealed in the antitrust trial