discuss: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]

Subject: Re: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]
From: Luc de Louw ####@####.####
Date: 11 May 2002 15:21:08 -0000

David Lawyer wrote:
 > Since we've lost RedHat as a distributor of our HOWTOs, and since Debian
 > is irrationally splitting them, what's the status of HOWTOs with the
 > other distributions: SUSE, Mandrake, etc.?  If the distributions are not
 > going to supply them adequately, shouldn't we make our own RPMs and
 > debian packages?

making own RPM's are a good idea, whats about .deb?

If wished I can do the RPM's

SuSE 8.0 has the complete tldp tree in
/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html and
/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html_single

# rpm -qi howtoenh-2002.3.18-3
Name        : howtoenh                     Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 2002.3.18                         Vendor: SuSE AG,
Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Thu Mar 21
19:26:59 2002
Install date: Thu Apr 11 18:37:56 2002      Build Host: x330-2.suse.de
Group       : Documentation/Howto           Source RPM:
howto-2002.3.18-3.nosrc.rpm
Size        : 63260956                         License: distributable
Summary     : Collection of HOWTOs from the 'Linux Documentation
Project' (English, HTML)
Description :
English version, HTML format

SuSE series: doc