discuss: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]

Subject: Re: [tfox@redhat.com: HOWTO doc's in 7.3]
From: Alexander Bartolich ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2002 21:35:20 -0000

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:28:42PM +0000, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> This statement is correct. Some of the LDP HOWTOs conflicted with
> the official RH docs, and we received several complaints about
> the correctness and format of the LDP docs. Thus, it was decided
> not to put them on the docs CD.

He mentions both "correctness and format".

But I doubt that application of a style guide would fix the situation.

Perhaps a classification of documents and official compilation
of sub-sets can help. On the other hand Linux grew up as an
online club. Not being archived on CDs might just be considered
as going back to the roots.

Anyway, was there any kind of notice before that heavenly release?
Most of the time this mailing list is silent to the point
of being non-existant.