discuss: time frame for draft review?

Subject: Re: time frame for draft review?
From: "Joy Y Goodreau" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Apr 2002 15:09:44 -0000

Hi John,

As a clarification, we have begun trying to review all new submissions to
the submit list before publication. Right now this review is mostly for
readability and organization. As Tabatha mentioned we are anticipating 5 -
7 days for a review. This will vary. I just finished a 56 page document
written by one of our ESL authors that took me 8 days. In such cases the
reviewer of record should contact you and let you know when to anticipate
the changes.

As another note, we usually do sentence level changes in source, based on
authors preference and global changes as suggestions to implement before
publication.

If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to email me.

thanks,

joy

Joy Yokley Goodreau
Linux Information Developer
LDP Collections Editor
Ofc. (512) 838-4118
T/L 678-4118
####@####.####

                      john meshkoff
                      <johnm@sivakalpa.        To:       discuss Linux Doc ####@####.####
                      org>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  time frame for draft review?
                      ####@####.####
                      c.net

                      04/27/2002 01:07
                      AM

In the LDP author's guide it says:

"Once that part is complete, you may write your documentation in the
format of your choice and submit a draft to ####@####.#### and
the draft will be reviewed by an LDP volunteer. In a few short days you
will get the draft and comments from the volunteer. After applying the
comments, you may send this version to the ldp-submit list again for
final submission into the LDP"

I do realize that the active word here is "volunteer", and people are
busy with more than doing draft reviews, and the list of works in
progress isn't exactly short.  I was just wondering what the realistic
time frame for having one's submission reviewed is these days.

--
John Meshkoff johnm at sivakalpa dot org
http://www.sivakalpa.org/

http://lists.tldp.org/