discuss: Re: Language

Subject: Re: Language
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2002 21:03:18 -0000

AH!  That makes sense to me!

It was interesting doing tech support when I lived in Canada.  Our French
speaking reps often struggled for technical terms and often ended up having
to use English terminology within the context of their conversations.  So I
can understand why it would be difficult to write French code, other than the
variables.

Does that make it harder for programmers from other countries, or is it
assumed that all programmers speak English?  There can't be that much in the
code that would have to prompt someone to learn the entire language, but it
makes me wonder!

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

And JDD, I'll try that some time!

--