discuss: OpenJade, DSSL, and DTD

Subject: Re: OpenJade, DSSL, and DTD
From: ####@####.####
Date: 11 Apr 2002 18:43:39 -0000

Hi again,
Is there a way to convert SGML to RTF using Jade?

Thanks
Saqib Ali
=======================
"Do you believe in intuition?" "No, but I have a strange feeling that
someday I will."

                    "Tabatha
                    Persad"              To:     ####@####.#### ####@####.####
                    <tabatha3@att        cc:
                    bi.com>              Subject:     Re: OpenJade, DSSL, and DTD

                    04/10/2002
                    07:49 PM

Hm.  I wonder why that is...

What editor do you use to create sgml, Emacs?  And where is the placement
of
your TOC tag?

If you use Emacs, the nice thing is that once you parse it, the Emacs
editor
has nice features to help you, such as listing valid tags - so that if one
has to be nested within another it will tell you which are available.  I
wonder if it's the placement of your TOC tag that results in this problem
you're having with it.

One other interesting thing you will find if you use Emacs is that you
don't
want to bother with the parser.  I believe it is either nsgmls or onsgmls.
To get around this, Emacs has another feature that allows you to "move to
the next trouble spot."  This is how I parse as I go.

If you need more information, just holler!

And I'm really glad that document I sent you worked... so far it's been the
only thing that helped me get things working and I'm happy to pass it on!

Tabatha