discuss: Re: new author, with to submit a howto "KDE GUI Login Window Manager HOWTO+

Subject: Re: new author, with to submit a howto "KDE GUI Login Window Manager HOWTO+
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Apr 2002 12:03:49 -0000

On Apr 9,  1:28am, john meshkoff wrote:
> Subject: Re: new author, with to submit a howto "KDE GUI Login Window..
> Greg Ferguson wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> I see that in my haste, I didn't include a copy of prefdm, which is
> linked in the proposed HOWTO (also, since it's only one page, I guess it
> should be called a mini-HOWTO).  I decided to submit a howto, as it was
> originally posted on my web page <http://www.johnpipe.com/> under the
> link "linux hints", and as I had originally asked on a redhat list how
> to do this, and later, after figuring it out received a response from
> another newbie wanting to do the same, to send to linuxdoc to better
> share it with the community.
>
> As I "tune-up" the howto, perhaps I should remove the prefdm reference,
> but when I originally wrote it, I felt it would be good background info
> for overall understanding.  Comments/suggestions welcome.  Where should
> I send a copy of the prefdm file, so the existing link works from the
> page under works in progress?

You can submit any drafts (which can be a tar file containing
multiples files) to ####@####.#### Please indicate
it is a 'draft'.

Another option, if you have web space, is to host the draft
yourself, and I will adjust the link on the 'in progress'
page accordingly.

hth,

--
Greg Ferguson    * SGI principal engr / LDP contributor
SGI Tech Pubs    * http://techpubs.sgi.com/ | gferg(at)sgi.com